Voting

Monday, May 19, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


Christmas.  It's such a special time of year!  Not only is it the celebration of our Lord and Savior Jesus, it's a time where we can be together as family and make special memories with our children and really just be in the moment and love one another.  Every year we celebrate 3 times with Uncle Rick & Aunt Betty and their family, Memaw and the Harviston crew, and at our home.  I love Christmas morning.  I love everything about it.  I love staying up late making sure everything is perfect for the next morning.  Not that it has to be perfect, but let's face it, you totally re-live your childhood through your children!  I like to make it special for them.  I probably get about 3 hours of sleep each Christmas Eve.  Before anyone wakes up I have our special "Starbucks" coffee going.  And yes, this is a treat for us.  We don't normally buy it except for holidays.  And I make homemade Monkey Bread every Christmas morning.  I usually have a special lunch planned too, something that is a favorite to all.  This year it was Brisket.  As Camden would call it "Steak."  He thinks anything beef is steak!  

As if every year wasn't the "Most Memorable" this year was like all the others.  I love seeing them tear open their gifts of their favorite toys they've been wanting all year long!  We never, and I can honestly say never, run out and buy a toy just because.  I listen all year long to hear about which toys they think are neat, which ones they just have to have and which ones would surprise them if they knew it existed!  This Christmas it was filled with Super Heroes and Princesses.  Wait, isn't that every year?  Haha!  We had "The Hulk" fists, Spiderman costume, Cinderella Barbie Dolls and babies.  Also, this year the kids got a new kitchen from Santa!  There were hours and hours of playing on this day.  Camden got a real Chef's costume.  He's definitely a little cook!  He loves helping in the kitchen.  Chesleigh does too of course, but Camden is interested in different ingredients and what they are and why they're used.  He loves the Food Network.  I love all of his questions!  


















































No comments: