Voting

Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Vegetables...

MMMMMMmmmmm!!!! Vegetables! These were his first pictures taken after he ate Vegetables (Green Beans) for the very first time! At first as you can see he's not so convinced that they're as yummy as we say they are! Actually, after the next evening he enjoyed them. Since Green Beans he's tried Carrots and Peas and he loves them! The carrots were good; we couldn't feed them to him fast enough! I guess because they're sweeter he enjoyed them. Next on our list are Sweet Potatoes!

I'm making my own baby food and so far it's been very easy and fun! It's also been a whole lot cheaper too! I figured, it cost $1.02 for a frozen bag of peas compared to .98 cents for a pack of baby food that will serve as two feedings. I got 6 meals out of the tiny bag of peas! Plus, a whole bag of large carrots is only a dollar something and that will make MANY, MANY meals to come! I boil them, puree and then freeze in ice cubes trays! When I'm done I pop them into a big freezer bag and two cubes is all he needs for dinner! Plus, they warm up quicker than I thought they would being frozen. I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE feeding him his veggies! He gets so excited about eating too. Hmmm, he must take after his mama!


Veggies will make you STRONG Camden!!!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

He is precious! I wanted to let you know I have started a blog myself. Our site is: http//thelamplife.blogspot.com. I hope you all are doing well. I wish we could get together!

Crystal_King said...

Great! I'll go check it out! Yes, we do need to get together! Maybe we could get together for dinner one weekend? You're more than welcome over here, let's try to plan for it!