| "Ya he's a Turkey, Thanksgiving Turkey, GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!" |
My sweet boy wasn't feeling very good this day...
We were so lucky to have Grandma, Papa, and Aunt Betty there with us! Chesleigh was great too, she knows most of the songs now from Camden.
Camden's first school program. What a proud mother I was. I volunteered to set up the food because there was lunch afterwards following the Thanksgiving program. When I walked in there was the sweetest music playing with a slide show of all the preschool students at their field trips. They went to the fire station, the park, and the pumpkin patch. Tears filled my eyes when I saw Camden up on the projector. It's like it hit me all of a sudden that my baby wasn't a baby anymore. This was the start of something big in his life... Camden's school is such a blessing to us because we know he's surrounded by the best people possible that are always continuing to pray for their students. I just felt a lot of love at this particular moment.
Shortly after everyone started arriving and we took our seats. That morning I knew Camden wasn't feeling that great but I thought, "He only has to make it until 12:00." The kids were doing their program which started that morning then lunch and we could take them home afterwards for the Thanksgiving break. Well, Camden bless his heart, my little Pilgrim was such a brave boy walking up onto the stage in front of everyone with his hands held tight together behind his back. He looked miserable though. I knew he'd been practicing the songs over and over and the hand motions that went with them but with every song he looked worse and worse. At one point he started coughing so hard that he hacked and I thought he was going to throw up on stage. Of course he was in the very front row and in the middle where all eyes could see. He recovered though, and we all had a sigh of relief. Once he finally saw us in the audience he smiled big and yelled, "Mama." I was SO happy. His face lit up and there for awhile he looked instantly better. They sang the cutest songs and at one point there was this almost rap version of a Thanksgiving Turkey Gobbler song with their lips pouted out and their arms crossed in front of one another. I was laughing so hard! Some of those kids have some great stage presence!! There was one song called "I got a Gratitude Attitude." And the kids sang, "What are you thankful for?" One little girl called out, "the baby in mommy's belly." It was so sweet!
After the kids got off the stage Camden was getting warmer and warmer by the minute. Aunt Betty and Grandma took him home and took wonderful care of him. Later that night at like 3:30 in the morning his temperature got up to 103.6 and I had to put him in the cold bath. It was so hard seeing him cry but I couldn't control his temperature with medicine. We ended up taking him to the doctors and they gave him a prescription medicine but apparently it didn't take. That Saturday of Thanksgiving week we ended up in the emergency room because Camden was crying his ears hurt. It was a double ear infection and whooping cough! Needless to say it was the most heartbreaking thing to see your child go through being so miserable. I guess it could have been worse, but we were thankful he finally got the meds. he needed to get better. I feel like he was sick for 2 weeks straight. On the bright side he got it all out of his system before Christmas and after we went to the ER and he started taking the right medicine all was well.
1 comment:
That was the sweetest program and Camden sang his little heart out! How special it was to be able to be in the audience!
A great Thanksgiving visit getting to spend so much time with everyone! Camden was even so sweet when we went to the ER.
Love you all and thanks for posting all those pictures :)
Post a Comment